GATE Ministries Sandton (GMS) was founded by Thamo & Mirolyn Naidoo and formally launched at the Balalaika Protea Hotel, Sandton City, on the 19th of February 2012.
The establishment of GMS was birthed out of a divine mandate given to Thamo. The directive was unequivocally simple and clear – a new season has dawned upon the church that must visibly announce and tangibly express itself to congregations positioned in gateway cities globally. This season, named in some circles as the ‘apostolic season’ was born at least two decades ago and passionately pursues the alignment of the church to apostolic biblical patterns, free from conformity to secular and humanistic influences.
On the 2nd of September 2012 the church moved to its current address at 28 Archimedes Street, Kramerville, Sandton. GMS is located on the East side of Sandton. Its mandate is to be a strategic gate for the presentation, proclamation and modeling of the apostolic message to the nations.
Consistent with this mandate, GMS continues to:
- Call the Church to return to biblical correctness
- Present fresh biblical perspectives on the ministry, relevance and function of the church in a postmodern world
- Bring believers into recognition of their identity as sons of God and the unique relationship they have with God as their Father
- Serve as a global apostolic resource center for leaders in ministry and the market place
- Seek to constructively and practically provide a biblical, Christocentric (Christ centered) model of ministry, offering a deeper spiritual encounter for the family of God.
- Reach (the unchurched)
- Resource (the churched)
- Reform (the nations)